| The Medical Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for identifying, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the overall clinical quality at Community Health Centers of Greater Dayton. Collects and analyzes data and assists with performance audits and clinical training to identify improvement opportunities. Recommends action plans to address quality concerns and oversees the progress. Works collaboratively with all disciplines to establish a quality culture. Supervises the Care Coordinator and Clinical Trainer and reports to the Medical Director. |
Required Skills or Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Quality Improvement processes
• Demonstrate initiative, ability to work with others and good professional judgment
• Able to work independently and organize time effectively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Able to work with confidential information.
• Proficiency in MS Office products, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of EMR, Next Gen preferred.
• Coaching, mentoring and teaching skills
• Ability to relate well to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.