Providence is calling an Access Services Registered Nurse (RN) (Days, 1.0) to Providence Hospice of Seattle in Seattle, Washington.
The schedule for this role will be M-F, 8am-4:30pm, with weekend rotation once a month. This is an office role, no driving is required.
Please note that we will be moving our Seattle offices to Tukwila in June of this year, better commute and lots of free parking!
In this position you will:
- Serve as the main access point for hospice services.
- Coordinate prescribed services with the physician, payor, patient/caregiver, and provider to ensure that the services are provided in a timely manner.
- Respond to incoming calls from patients, families, physicians, facility staff, and others in the community.
- Provide general information about hospice services in response to inquiries.
- Take referrals and collect information to determine a prospective patient's appropriateness for hospice, durable medical equipment (DME) requirements, and other services.
- Work closely with patient care teams and intake staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Degree/diploma from accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Two (2) years of nursing experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Prior experience in hospice, home health, and/or oncology experience
- Proficient in using computers and Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Hospice of Seattle is a not-for-profit, community-based hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout King County in Washington state. We provide comprehensive and compassionate physical, emotional, and spiritual care to adults and children nearing the end of their lives, including support for their families and friends. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, chaplains, occupational/physical therapists, medical directors, grief support counselors and volunteers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 151639