Providence is calling a Clinical Registered Nurse Quality Supervisor to Providence Medical Group at The Plaza at http://oregon.providence.org/location-directory/p/providence-medical-group-the-plaza/ *.*
This is an exciting career opportunity for a seasoned RN with strong leadership abilities, solid clinical skills, and a compassionate, positive communication style.
The Nurse Quality Supervisor directly manages one nurse in the clinic, and is responsible for mentoring other clinical staff as well as leading safety and quality measures. The ability to support the clinic with some hands-on patient care is also essential in this role.
This busy clinic is is based in northeast Portland, adjacent to Providence Portland Medical Center at 5050 NE Hoyt. The schedule is expected to be Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm.
In this position, you will:
- Serve as an integral member of the clinic leadership team in bringing the professional nursing perspective and expertise to the group and upholding the standards of clinical practice.
- Be responsible for the oversight and supervision of clinical staff performance, coaching, mentoring, developing, and implementing clinical best practices.
- Be responsible for the oversight and supervision of clinical quality, ensuring state and federal compliance and clinical support patient care services are provided in an efficient and safe manner that is consistent with clinical best practices.
- Provide direct patient care at top of Registered Nurse (RN) scope of practice, according to the individualized needs of the patient using the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Coordinate patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship.
- Be responsible for supervising nurses working in Providence Medical Group (PMG) Immediate Care facilities.
- Analyze patient data with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - or-
- Associate's nursing degree with 3 years of recent RN experience
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oregon
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 3-5 years of RN experience managing complex patients - or-
- Successful completion of RN Ambulatory Residency program
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience working in an ambulatory setting
- 3 years of experience providing patient education
- 3 years of demonstrated experience with staff supervision, clinical staff education, competency development and evaluation, staff training and performance evaluation
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 145314