Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Radiology Technologist in the Greater Seattle area\.
This is a Per Diem position and is not eligible for benefits nor is there a gurantee of hours\.
We are seeking a Radiology Technologist to independently produce radiographs of the highest possible quality for medical diagnostic purposes, in an atmosphere that promotes high patient satisfaction\. The Radiology Technologist will set up and operate x\-ray equipment, along with properly positioning the patient, in order to produce high quality diagnostic images in conjunction with the radiologists in the performance of diagnostic procedures\.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patient for x\-rays, explain procedures, position, and handle patients with a high degree of professional ethics, care, tact, courtesy, patience, and safety as required to gain their confidence, trust and cooperation while following all protocols and procedures implemented by the department supervisors\.
- Position, adjust, and control a variety of radiographic equipment to apply ionizing radiation for radiographic examinations, ensuring proper setting for each examination, including the C\-arm, portable, and tomography units and accessories\.
- Perform related clerical duties, such as answering the phone, processing requisitions, operating a computer, and digitally preparing exams for interpretation\.
- Ensure the technical qualities of the radiographs are of the highest standard so that each exam is diagnostic and appropriate for interpretation by the Radiologist\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent\.
- Completion of Certified Radiology based program\.
- Certified by ARRT\.
- Licensed in the state of Washington\.
- Basic Life Support certification within one \(1\) month of hire\.
- Fluency with written and spoken English\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year of experience as a Radiology Technologist\.
Pacific Medical Center Renton Clinic:
The patient population we care for is culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace\. Our strong team environment and mission allow us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care\. PacMed's compensation and competitive benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career\.
The Renton clinic offers both primary care – including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Geriatrics– and numerous areas of specialty care from Allergy treatments to Women's Health\. Other services available at Renton include a cardiovascular laboratory, eye care, x\-ray, onsite laboratory and pharmacy\. Interpreter services are also available for our patients\.
Renton sits 12 miles south of Seattle on the southern shore of Lake Washington at the mouth of the Cedar River\. It is also only eight miles from Puget Sound, making it an ideal location for water enthusiasts, fresh\- and saltwater\. Renton is a growing commercial hub, home to a major Boeing plant and the headquarters of Providence Health & Services\.
The Renton clinic is part of Pacific Medical Centers' expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 152743