Under general direction and according to established policies and procedures, assesses and attends the psychosocial needs of patients and their families. This includes psychosocial evaluation, crisis intervention, psychotherapeutic support and counseling, and/or psychotherapy to patients and their family. Acts as an advocate assisting assigned patients in their physical, emotional and social adjustment as well as facilitating an individualized plan of care in a multidisciplinary team approach for each patient. Maintains continuity of care by developing and implementing patient discharge plans. Originates plans on date of admission, collaborating with patient, family, guardian, caseworker and other community resources. Provides evaluations, ongoing monitoring and individual and group counseling, and facilitates adjustment to the secondary effects of illness. Acts as liaison between facility, family, government and community agencies. Documents social work intervention and completes discharge summary, admission forms or other required paperwork, and facilitates transition to the next level of care. Responds to crises management situations in accordance with hospital and departmental policy. Maintains current and accurate referral sources and uses appropriately. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
1. Master's degree in Social Work.
2.Current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan, or current limited license to engage in the practice of social work at the Master's level in the State of Michigan, with full licensure within 3 years from date of hire.
3. One to two years Social Work experience in psychiatric evaluation, disposition and treatment with patients of varying diagnoses including but not limited to psychiatric, substance abuse and prior physical impairments.
1. Ability to regularly work with patients with difficult medical/emotional problems.
2. Interpersonal skills to maintain productive relationships with patients, families, service agency personnel, and a variety of hospital and medical staff.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate with diverse populations including physicians, employees, patients and their families.
4. Analytical ability to assess patients' medical/psychotherapeutic circumstances and to make judgments regarding the need for social work intervention or referral to social or mental health agencies.
5. Visual acuity and ability to move around hospital, clinic, or patient rooms.
6. Ability to cope with stressful situations, management multiple priorities and to work regularly with difficult medical/emotional/emotional/psychosocial problems.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 8:30 AMShift End: 4:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905037245
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.