The ideal candidate will be an individual with a basic understanding of emergency management principles and concepts. Possesses the ability to provide technical assistance and advice to Long-term Care (LTC) and Skilled Nursing (SN) facilities in planning for emergency and disaster situations and will assist with evaluating the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of nursing home emergency response programs. Some experience and/or knowledge assisting with projects specific to emergency preparedness, emergency operations or disaster response activities is a plus .
Experience and Skills
* Minimum 0-3 years' experience as a project manager; * Dependable, responsible, detail-oriented and organized; * Excellent verbal and writing skills; * Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; * Knowledge of complex emergency management operations; * Ability to work independently and with local and State stakeholders; * Previous experience in building and designing organizational resilience plans and/or program; * Knowledge of continuity of operations concepts; * Demonstrated ability to analyze facility emergency preparedness plan * Knowledge and experience implementing large and small group specialized trainings.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Administration (35%)
* Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
* Ensure that the project is proactively managed, executed according to schedule and on budget;
* Effectively manage resources to maximize productivity;
* Provide ongoing contact with senior leadership and client stakeholders to ensure satisfaction with project progress and resource utilization;
Program Development (20%)
* Assist in development and design of facilities emergency plans and/or programs;
* Strong knowledge of emergency management principles, standards, industry regulations and best practices;
* Assist in development of training materials;
Program Implementation (35%)
* Analyze facility emergency plans;
* Train personnel in emergency preparedness and response operations;
* Assist in providing technical assistance to clients.
Program Reporting Functions (10%)
* Monitor and report on project activities related to the program;
* Assist in developing Quarterly Reports for funding source
* Bachelors (or equivalent experience) and <1years experience
Master's or Advanced Degree in an applicable field of study (any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work).
* Day Shift/Non-Exempt Position
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1911264
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.