Executive Director of Oncology Clinical Care & Quality AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Full Time, Days M-F 8a-5p
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth service standards.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Responsible for developing the vision and strategic plan based on the evolving healthcare landscape, including employer and consumer defined expectations of high-value healthcare for Institutes across ACS and IHS areas of CFDS
· Responsible for assessment and development of strategic vision for plans that improve clinical quality and value across the continuum of cancer care with defined resources needed as well accountable partners (Clinical Operations, Population Health Services Organization (PHSO), Analytics, PI, and AIT).
· Works closely with Institute and physician leadership to improve value-based care through improvement of clinical delivery of services, appropriate technology and capital investments, cost structure, bundles and other payment/value-based care models.
· Serves as subject matter expert for the oncology based local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies, as well as Cancer Institute accreditation requirements. Responsible for leading routine readiness rounding in clinical areas to identify opportunity and ensure readiness for site visits.
· Provides leadership of interdisciplinary committees and task forces to drive proactive approaches and assessments of patient safety, regulatory and quality improvements across oncology service line
· Partners with Executive Medical Director to provide leadership of nursing and clinical teams to assess, develop, implement and monitor strategies for clinical standardization and improvement of patient outcomes based on national best practices and guidelines.
· Serves as leader of oncology patient experience across the service line continuum, including patient education.
· Responsible for holding direct leaders and strategic partners accountable for execution.
· Consults across the entire enterprise of AdventHealth (corporate) as subject matter experts to assist facilities in standardizing care delivery, improving clinical outcomes and decreasing the cost of care.
· Provides executive oversight of patient care, operational efficiencies, performance methods and employee issues to make recommendations.
· Responsible for overseeing state (AHCA) and federal (CMS) requirements for specialty services to ensure compliance across the system.
· Responsible for developing specialty accreditation vision and strategic plan to meet community and organization needs to promote national brand and referral site reputation.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
· Develops and maintains annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
· Develops 3-5 year plans for Clinical Quality, Patient Safety, Care Transformation, and Patient Experience
· Researches and forecasts upcoming regulatory and public-reporting trends such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Value-Based Purchasing, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) patient safety indicators, national clinical registry reporting and other payer programs to incorporate in strategic plans.
· Partners with Institute leadership in Proforma development and implementation of specialty services offers as it relates to value and quality outcomes management.
· Responsible for executing all strategic plans to further the growth of AdventHealth Cancer Institute and delivery of high clinical quality with the lowest cost.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
· Develop and promote a culture of performance improvement throughout the Institute Value teams.
· Develops ambitious and incremental objectives to drive continuous improvement within each of the Institute teams
· Ensure the competence and adequacy of performance improvement resources to meet Institute Value strategic goals and align with organizational imperatives.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY:
· Engages in public speaking events on behalf of AdventHealth Cancer Institute.
· Developing strategies to address specialty care needs of the community based on Community Health Needs Assessment
· Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and strategic objectives
· Responsible for overseeing the Nurse leaders within oncology ambulatory footprint, Director of Care Coordination, Nursing Education and Social Work.
· Responsible for holding direct leaders and strategic partners accountable for execution of strategic initiatives and organizational imperatives.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Â· Knowledge of business and strategic plan development
Â· Measurement of healthcare value across integrated delivery networks
Â· Ability to work in a complex matrix relationship
Â· Strong analytical skills
Â· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with various disciplines that foster trust
Â· Strong leadership skills including public speaking, team building, staff development, communication
Â· Knowledge of state/federal regulatory agencies, accreditation standards and national society clinical guidelines
Â· Strong critical thinking skills and ability to balance multiple competing priorities
Â· Ability to mentor, enhance and engage organizational talent
Â· Business, financial management and budgeting expertise
Â· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
Â· Ability to mentor, enhance and engage organizational talent
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED:
Â· Bachelorâ™s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration related field
Â· Masterâ™s Degree in Nursing/ Healthcare Administration related field
Â· Four (4) years progressive leadership experience in healthcare field
Â· Six (6) years of healthcare experience
Â· Experience working in hospital operations
Â· Experience working in population health or care management settings
Â· Experience working within a health insurance plan or value-based contracting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Â· Current, valid State of Florida license as Registered Nurse OR
Â· Current, valid State of Florida license as Pharmacist OR
Â· Current, valid State of Florida license as Physician Assistant
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Â· Current, valid State of Florida license as Registered Nurse
Â· Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
Â· Certification in a Performance Improvement methodology such as: Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, and/or Institute of Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
The Executive Director of Oncology Clinical Care & Quality is responsible for providing executive leadership of patient safety, quality and Care Transformation, Care Coordination, Nursing Education and consumer experience across the AdventHealth IHS and ACS Continuum. Provides functional leadership to the social work and nursing teams within the oncology ambulatory platform to include infusion, radiation oncology, care coordination, nursing education and social work, and serves as a subject matter expert to all clinical teams providing oncology care. The role will develop and execute strategic priorities around Clinical Care and Quality for Oncology and the Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) as informed by the consumer needs, payer requirements and organizational strategic plans. This role will serve as a resource for AdventHealth nationwide including the multi-state division in the areas of oncology specialty quality and clinical care.
Advises/consults with all ACS & IHS leaders and teams that direct patient care for these clinical services. Responsible for engaging medical directors and physician leaders to improve the value proposition of oncology care for AdventHealth Division wide and across the multi-state, as a national leader and destination center for highly specialized oncology care. This position is responsible for providing leadership, clinical subject matter expertise, and strategic direction for clinical care and outcomes for the Cancer Institute. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.