Apprentice Nursing Assistant FT Days - AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
What You Will Need:
• Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
• Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
• Critical thinking / problem solving skills
• Teamwork, tact, and conflict resolution
• Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
• Basic computer skills
• Customer service skills
• CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department only)
• BLS after 1 month of employment
• High School Graduate or equivalent
The Nursing Assistant Apprentice will learn on-the-job nursing assistant role under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in a clinical setting. As a nursing assistant apprentice, you will complete both hands-on clinical skills in the hospital and coursework in a classroom setting or clinical laboratory. To start, your duties will include basic patient care skills with activity of daily living and progress to more skill-based tasks as you gain experience.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.